View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 06:58 AM
GrammaBabs

Hi there.... for my 2cents... i agree it's overwhelming to look at all the collection of fabrics and think.... hummmm so much... BUT i love to surf the net and this board and find quick and easy projects and then run to my "wall o fabrics" and pic what i already have to make the pattern... (that's the rule,,, nothing new)... save the snobbery for the ribbon winners.. LOL and enjoy... there is so much info out there for quick and easy stuff... ie... (Missouri Star Quilt Company.. with video tuts you can watch over and over to make sure you "get it")... I can't wait to get to the next project, just to find the fabric.. Put it somewhere by color so you can "shop at your own house"... DH put mine on the wall.. need a ladder to get to the top, but it's fun..
I'm 64 (getting ready for MediCare..hehehe)... had emergency life threatening surgery last year, that has slowed me down, but hey, all the more time for quilting...
Oh and add closets full of yarn, hooks and needles to the mix.. that's the "TV time stuff"..i shine in that dept... used to teach and worked in a yarn show for years... so i can create doll stuff and amigurmi... make sweaters for my kids and every baby that comes along!!! (with a little quilt to go with).. Anywhoooooooooo.... pm me anytime,,, glad to help however i could.. (i have a monday group of 5 that keeps me going... they are my rocks...).. hugs barbara