Old 05-23-2011, 02:15 PM
Carol's Quilts

Originally Posted by LaurieE
I live in a mobile home in North Florida and the 2 bedrooms at the west end are hot in the summer and cold in the winter. The ac/heat don't seem to get to those rooms. I don't even feel the air coming out of the vents. The line your ac guy gave you is a bunch of mularkey because the sewing machine doesn't give off that much heat. My 2 rooms get hot without anything being on.

What I did was to get a large standing fan, put it in the doorway facing the room I want to cool off and turn the fan on. The fan then brings the cool air from the other room into the hot (or cold) room. It works enough where the room gets somewhat comfortable. You do the same thing in the winter.
My mom lived in a mobile home and had no trouble with the heat/AC getting to all the rooms. It's just a suggestion, but maybe you should have someone check the ducts that go from the AC to each room. I don't know what it's like in a mobile home, but in my house the vents have valves that can be turned on or off so if you don't want to heat or cool a specific room you can just turn the valve and it will close off or open up the duct that carries air to that room. You want to make sure that they are all open or otherwise not blocked. I learned this when I had to get a new furnace and AC 20+ years after buying this house. All those years my poor kids roasted in the summer and froze in the winter and it was all because the ducts going to their rooms were closed!