View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 10:24 PM
BrendaY

Originally Posted by irishrose
Yes, first I had the more all over from the knees down. Now it is better, but I've been having the pains you describe - kind of like roving shingles. I am considering asking my doctor if Valtrex would help. It did help the nerve pain of shingles. I am just starting on Lyrica for fibromyalgia. Of all the fibro drugs, Lyrica does treat nerve pain, too. It seems to be helping. I hope for better days for all of us.

Edit: I'm not diabetic, either.
I have fibromyalgia, too. Have taken Paxil, Celexa, and now Cymbalta. The Paxil worked absolutely the best for my pain, but I just don't remember much about those years that I took it. It dulled all my senses! Celexa worked for a few years, tho not as well. I've been on Cymbalta for several years now... it doesn't help as much with the pain or depression... Altho I really know if I forget to take it one day!

Mostly I try to keep my mind distracted from my physical problems.. and just stay busy.. can't do much physically, but as long as I can lie down and rest a while now and then, I make it through the days. Nights.... now that's another story!