Old 05-24-2011, 09:10 AM
sgardner

Originally Posted by franie
I think they are way cool but I probably would not buy them. They don't really speak to me but I would probably drool over something someone else made with them.

And that's it EXACTLY- many times we don't like a fabric because we can't see an end project in mind. I have worked with collections that came as a set (either 5 in squares or 10 inch squares) and there are always fabrics in there the scream "ugly!" to me- but several times I have been really pleasantly shocked at how well they play together in the final project.

Not something I would have bought based on the print/coloring alone, but looks good in the end.

I think of it as an orchestra- you may not care to hear a single instrument by itself, but in a concert with all the others and the proper arrangement of music, any instrument has a place. People go to hear the combination all put together, and so it is with quilts. I am learning not to judge individual fabrics so harshly, but rather learn how they should be used for a beautiful finish that others will drool over.

Only you will know that pieces of that fabric started life as an ugly duckling. LOL :-)