View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 01:08 PM
cindyjean

I have mild sleep apnea, but have had some major life issues from it... First machine I got, I used it for 5 days and sent it back. refused to use it. Then about a year later I was having more problems. I was so tired all the time, I had trouble functioning. Went to a different medical company. He gave me a newer model machine that was very quiet and he adjusted it so it would not be full force until 45 min. after I started using it. Which meant I could fall asleep before the full pressure.. I also used the nasal pillows. I seemed more apt to keep it on.. But as the months went by I was still extremely tired. The tiredness began affecting my job.. I was getting very fuzzy brained.. couldn't remember many things.. Made lots of mistakes.. My work was very patient and worked w/me.. I kept going back to the sleep Dr. and was told my sleep apnea was not bad enough to affect me like this.. I was at my wits end! I kept having blood work to see if there was something else wrong.. Finally I decided to change my mask. What a difference.. At first it was leaving big red dry marks on my face from the new mask. but i was determined to keep trying it.. I needed my mind back and I needed to not want to fall asleep while driving.. So I forced myself.. After a couple of weeks. I really noticed a difference. I got my memory back and my energy.. I have been trying to lose weight for 2 yrs and was not able to.. Now I am losing weight! But now I am having another issue.. Some nights I am having a terrible time sleeping. This is new to me since I first started the machine I could sleep, just wasn't the good sleep.. I tried taking sleeping pills, but made me so groggy all day, it affected my work.. Even tried a 1/2 sleeping pill. I don't dare go to the sleep Dr. and ask for help.. She doesn't help me at all. I think she is a terrible Dr. Since she could not suggest I try to change the mask and allow me to go through months of torment w/ the tiredness and memory loss.. There are no other sleep Dr's in my area. she came from 2 hrs away.. And suggestions would be welcome... : )