View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Radiana

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I have Critical Sleep Apnea, which is the most severe of all of the levels. I sleep using my machine every night. I also use it if I nap. It is just too dangerous not to use it(My 02 levels can go down into the high 50's), and I don't like the severe migranes I get if I don't use it. After 30 minutes I enter REM sleep and stay there all night, which is also not normal. I need a new mask, but even just my portion is over 60 dollars.

Can you explain how you can qualify for a discount on the utility bill?
I live in California and my utility company is Pacific Gas and Electric. A friend told me about how I was entitled to have a discount because of the machine. I gave them a call and they sent me a simple form to fill out and I had my doctor sign it. It saves us about $50.00 a month. It was interesting that my HMO never told me about putting in for a discount once I got the machine. It seems to be a bit of a secret. The best part is that the discount is not based on income it's only based on using the cpac machine. I'm sure each utility company is different but it's worth giving them a call.