Thread: Quilting Class
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 05:20 PM
Shemjo

I started with a class at Lee Wards back in the 80s. The teacher had taught some classes at the Community College and agreed to teach one class at the store! I was lucky! She was GREAT! She had also started the Quilt Guild that I still belong to. Our class was 6 weeks long with two patches each week for our Sampler! I DID IT! I was so proud! And made so many friends through the guild! I don't remember anyone from the class because I was concentrating so hard on learning everything I could. We were using all the tools and tricks we could to learn the new techniques each week. I have taken other Sampler classes at LQS and throug my guild. I have gone on retreats where we get national teachers to come teach their techniques. I can't tell you how many Georgia Bonesteel videos I still have, nor how many programs I taped of Simply Quilts, and Carol Duval! Most of what I have learned comes back to me just after I have made a mistake and am picking out my stitching! But I feel fortunate to live in an area where there are so many people who will share for free, or a reasonable fee. :lol: