View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 06:19 PM
marty girl

Hi Bev,
I am the founder of The Tree City Quilt Guild, and The Alachua Day Guild is a spin off from the night (Tree City). I am so proud that they are both still functioning and growing and work so hard for others aswell! I haven't been 'active' in quilt groups for a while, I maintain my membership and go to meetings about two or three times a year. I took time to get my degree in Architecture and then found out I had Fibromyalgia and ended up on disability. I facilitate a Buddhist meditation group and have to watch my activity. My energy gets low...My mom was my quilt partner for many years (I tricked her into making her first quilt!) and when she passed away nine years ago it took me a long time to start quilting again. I want to be more active with quilting again and have put it as one of my priorities along with the Sangha (Meditation group). I have gone to Orlando several times for Buddhist retreats, but unless I stay over night it is a hard trip to do in one day. Getting to Trenton is probably the same for you.

Trenton is the best...there realy is no way around it. Aren't there any good shops in Orlando or St. Pete?