Old 05-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Originally Posted by MTS
If it's just the single piece black fabric, wouldn't it be easier to attach the fusible (whatever width you bought) to the large piece of fabric and THEN cut the 1/8" strips?
I'd even do it with a Steam-A-Seam lite sheet - and a larger piece of black(?) fabric, and then carve off the 1/8" cuts that are needed.
The method I'm using: I'll have a white piece of fabric that my design is on, put down the colored pieces (the "glass"), and then put pieces of bias tape (the "leading") in between the colored pieces.
And that method would work SO much easier in the way that MTS described. Fuse the web to the black BEFORE you cut it to the thickness you want for your lead. Don't know why you'd have to move the leading around any, but tack fusing moves easily and then press when you're ready. Easy as pie. It's dry, it stays put, it's neat. Any other adhesive is going to leave fuzzy edges and glop, especially with the huge amount of leading in this project and the narrow width you have chosen to work with. My
I'm not entirely sure if I get the method both of you are trying to relay to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're trying to tell me to cut the strip to whatever width I need for the leading and leave the edges raw. Or having one piece of black fabric the size of my wallhanging and cutting out all the glass parts so I'd have this one solid piece that's just black linework (as shown in this YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQZHVPGL9Xg). In either case both methods leave raw edges and I don't want raw edges. With the leading being so thin I would think it wouldn't be hard for the fraying to really take its toll and completely wear out my linework. Even more so knowing me...I'm not exactly the most delicate with my projects even when I try.