View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 05:54 AM
susanwilley

I was just trying to sew and my stitches were long, then short, then long and it would stop sewing. So, I rethreaded, which seemed to help somewhat, I thought. It was making a low thumping sound and would still stop sewing. I thought maybe the bobbin needed rethreading. I tried that and I could not pick up the bobbin thread. Made sure the bobbin was facing the right way and still could not pick it up. OK, maybe the case needs dusting. Took off the face plate pulled out the case, it doesn't look too bad but still a little dusty. Got out my little brush and start brushing away. Then I notice what looks like a glob of dust right there in the middle where the little hole is. It won't brush out so I get my tweezers thinking I have a pretty good glob of lint. I pull it out and yikes it is a whole little piece of fabric, but wait is that what it is?? On closer inspection it looks like a wick?? Oh no!!, did I pull out something that should be there?? Should I put it back, is it something to do with oiling the machine?
Can someone help? Has anyone ever come across this piece in the bobbin case, I never noticed it myself?
Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but, I am completely at a loss here. I clean and oil my machine but I just don't know what this is.
Thanks for any help you guys can give me. You were the first thought to come to mind for help!
Susan