View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 10:42 AM
NannySandy

I've snored LOUDLY as long as I can remember, even when I was thin, growing up. A few years ago I started having memory problems. I could not remember simple things, and it worsened. I was spending the weekend with my Mom, when she made me aware I stopped breathing numerous times during the night, and would gasp for breath. DH always goes to sleep before me, so he's never noticed how I stop breathing during the night. I went for a sleep study and it was scarey how often I stopped breathing and for what length of time I am not breathing, in addition to how low my oxygen level got. My CPAP machine is quite, so it does not disturb my husband's sleep. I have a nose mask. However, I've had a really hard time getting used to it. Most mornings I wake up, and I've pulled it off sometimes during the night. I don't remember doing this but I am. To be honest, I feel like a monster from the blue lagoon wearing it, but I KNOW the need for it and I know the consquences of not wearing it. I've lost 26 lbs and hope as I lose more weight, I will be able to come of the machine. But for now, I look at it as my life saver.