View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 07:09 AM
scrappycats

Lacking room to keep my table up that I use for pinning my quilts, I keep it under the bed in the guest bedroom. When possible I get my daughter to come over and help pin. But she is not always available and I don't have anyone else to help.

I put the center the backing on the table and make sure it is straight by measuring the hanging part on all sides with a yardstick. Once it is straight, I clip it in place with giant binder clips. Next, I lay the batting over the backing and make sure the whole back is covered. Then I lay the top on top of everything and make sure it is all even with the backing by using the yardstick again.

Now, I start the pinning process. I pin everything that is on the top of the table. Once that is all pinned, I release the binding clips and slid the sandwich over to the right or left and straighten and smooth it out. Then I pin that side. Then I do the same for the other side. If needed then I start on the top and then on the bottom. Though since my table is pretty long, most of my quilts do hang over at the top and bottom.

The table I use is one of those like you see in churches or recreational buildings. I got it at Sams when I used to have booths at cat shows.