View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 07:16 AM
Deborahlees

I use my dinning room table with care. The last one I did I did a little different than in the past and like it much better came out as smooth as silk. Put batting on table, lay the top on. Find the center of the quilt top and pin down a row of safety pins going left to right, that was my stop/start line.I use only Warm and natural batting. I then fold back the top to the pin line spray(I like the Dritz from Joann) the batting about 10" down all the way across, then fold down the top and smooth out. Fold the top back to the end of the last spray line, spray another 10", fold and and smooth. When one half is down, turn on the table and fold back to pin line. When entire top is done,fold and remove from table. lay out the backing nice and smooth, then lay top and batting on top of backing. Redo the pins now so they connect all three pieces. (be careful of your table top)Then fold back and spray like before...I think my secret that works for me is doing just a reasonable size path and smooth, rather than trying to do the whole thing at one.