View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Grambi

I picked up a bunch of fabric today to make a quilt and curtains for a vintage travel trailer. I saw an example yesterday on some website or emailing or somewhere that gave me the idea and now I have no idea where it was or what pattern they used for the quillt. So turning to the one place that I know will be able to help me.

I bought about ten yards of "cool"-colored fabrics (whites, grays, blues, lime greens, etc) in various mostly large prints. A couple of darker values for accents. I want to do something with them that is really light and airy and will quilt it pretty loosely with a fluffier batting (maybe Polydown?). Don't want a really structured placement of fabrics.

Idea's anyone? Maybe a D9P starting with larger than usual blocks? Pictures would be so useful but I don't really know where to start with a search on this site. I guess that I'm thinking of something from the "modern" quilting movement.
Simple is good but not so sure about wonky blocks.

I would also welcome any advice about the batting I should use. Will probably rent the longarm at our LQS and my even try my hand a a large pato. I have only done meandering on it to date.

Thanks, everyone.