View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 07:41 PM
rushdoggie

Originally Posted by scrappycats
Lacking room to keep my table up that I use for pinning my quilts, I keep it under the bed in the guest bedroom. When possible I get my daughter to come over and help pin. But she is not always available and I don't have anyone else to help.

I put the center the backing on the table and make sure it is straight by measuring the hanging part on all sides with a yardstick. Once it is straight, I clip it in place with giant binder clips. Next, I lay the batting over the backing and make sure the whole back is covered. Then I lay the top on top of everything and make sure it is all even with the backing by using the yardstick again.

Now, I start the pinning process. I pin everything that is on the top of the table. Once that is all pinned, I release the binding clips and slid the sandwich over to the right or left and straighten and smooth it out. Then I pin that side. Then I do the same for the other side. If needed then I start on the top and then on the bottom. Though since my table is pretty long, most of my quilts do hang over at the top and bottom.

The table I use is one of those like you see in churches or recreational buildings. I got it at Sams when I used to have booths at cat shows.
After reading this method here, I did this with my last quilt and it works BEAUTIFULLY! Not only is it far more comfortable than crawling around on my hands and knees pinning, but there were absolutely no puckers. I love this method!