Old 06-02-2011, 05:25 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by Katy
I have a wonderful little 221 that I have not used much. I will be trying to spend some time with it after I get caught up a bit. My good Quilty girlfriend lost her battle with cancer and left it to me. It was made in 1951 and was a gift when she was 8 years old. I need to take a basic class on maintenance. I will look forward to learning some here.
Sorry to hear about your friend. However, you can order a great book all about FW's and their maintenance from Featherweight RX written by David McCallum. The name of the Manual is "The Featherweight and I " The book also has his email addy, if you have any questions, since it is published in his book and this book is on the market, I don't think it is against the rules to list his email addy. If so, moderators and delete the addy. [email protected], also www.Featherweight221.com I ordered this book and am so glad I did. It is very useful and is illustrated. You have a great machine and have fun using it. I made a 10 min. block - xlarge twin size quilt for a graduation gift, all pieced and quilted on my 1937 FW. I cut the quilt out on Mon. 5-23-11, started it Tues. evening, completed it Sat night or early Sun. Morning 5-28-11
It was so much fun just making it on the FW.