View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 06:47 AM
pittsburgpam

I finished up a quilt this weekend on it and it was GREAT! The only problem I had was that at one point the bobbin thread got screwed up and was tangling. That was the complaint that I read over and over on reviews and I thought "Oh NO! They're right that it does that." Well, just before that I had started sewing a seam with the fabric not in as far as it should be and it tangled on the edge. I took it out and started re-sewing but it kept tangling. I found that the bobbin thread had come out of the tiny metal guide in the front so I re-threaded it and it was fine after that.

I really need to get a 1/4" foot, they were out of them when I got the machine. I will be trying a crazy quilt and want to use all those pretty metallic threads.

My daughter and I went to Joann's and she picked out a purse pattern. The fabric she chose is like silk because she loved the print and the tiny rhinestones on it and the straps are bright red immitation leather. I'll soon see how it works on these fabrics. I got the silky pieces cut out and fused to interfacing to give it some structure last night.