Old 06-02-2011, 05:00 PM
MIJul

I'm going to be taking a class on "Fun and Done" as part of a birthday road trip with my friend. So, in anticipation of hopefully not having to buy a lot of fabric (I can dream), I started pulling out storage containers of fabric last night. Had to scrape off about an inch of dust (how LONG have they been sitting there!?!).

Some fabrics were neatly folded and had the pattern or magazine that they were purchased for right with them. Well, that was a good idea.

Found the beautiful fall fabrics and Thimbleberries pattern with pumpkins and vines. I want to make THAT one now.

Oh, there some birds and gorgeous coordinates. I want to make THAT one right now.

Forgot about those State flower fat quarters. Is that I all got? Where are the rest of the States? Didn't I get Michigan?

Flannels and lots of them... chenille? Raggedy? Baby? What the heck was I thinking.

Traditions with a Twist.... wow, those are some beautiful, bright, cheery florals. THAT'S the one I want to make next.

Shirtings.... oh, so that's where they were. Where are the ones I just bought, so I can put them all together.....

What are these? I have no idea and none of them really go together, but there sure are a lot of fat quarters in this one.

Black and whites, some brights. What's that pattern? Why did I want to make it? I don't even like it anymore. Wow, has my taste gotten better or just changed.....

Batiks. Well, none of these goes with any of the others.

And that's only 1/2 of what's in the sewing room. I gave up and went to bed. And haven't walked back in since. Just not brave enough.

I can only hope that as I get older and more forgetful, I will come to the day where everything is new and exciting, and I will marvel at my genius and fortuitous planning to have purchased them just for this.... .... well, whatever it is.

What was I talking about again?