Old 06-03-2011, 04:03 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

4 years ago hubby and i moved to a new home-
while moving my brother in law stood in front of me with hands on hips and stated:
"Colleen, i am POSITIVE there is a rule...no one should own more than a ton of fabric...unless it is in a store!"
this after about the 10th full construction size garbage bag...:)

i as i un-packed (didn't notice while packing i guess) i realized i had ... lots of kits, lots of projects -yes even with the magazine with the fabrics-
no excuse to spend ANY money on fabric until i weeded through what i had and made a dent.
first year in the house- i did not spend a single dollar on a single piece of fabric!
2nd year---fell in love with a couple collections---fell off the wagon---
but didn't go crazy- only bought maybe 10 yards of fabric the whole 2nd year.
3rd year- really dove into scrap quilts- i'm going to use this stuff up dog-gone=it!
had to buy 3 backs that 3rd year...
the 4th year just ended last month---between the 3rd & 4th i also started looking at ufo's and kits with (new-eyes) and gave away ALOT! i think 37 packages of ufos, kits, scraps, orphan blocks ect.
I am now starting my 5th year in the house- my stash is still a bit crazy- but it fits in the sewing room now-instead of taking up most of the garage, the sewing room, quilting room, hall closets...
and i do not have much left in yardage- now it is 90% scraps...sooooooo

YEA! I GET TO START BUYING FABRIC AGAIN!!! last year was hard for me to (contain myself) there have been so many just wonderful new collections---oh i want so bad! now instead of looking, feeling, wishing and walking away because there is no room for or need for- now i have need again!
funny how we collect and stash...
a multi-faceted addiction this thing we call quilting!