View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 04:33 AM
mpspeedy

Quilting is my legacy. It allows me to touch and imerse myself in color and fabrics. At one time I was going to be a writer and even wrote a weekly column in our local paper for almost ten years. I tried to have a career as a hot shot insurance person I just wasn't aggressive enough. I have survived 34 years as a mother and step-mother and divided my spare time between volunteering and needlework of any kind. I am currently immersed in producing Linus quilts averaging 20 a month. They allow me to indulge in cute kiddie prints that I would otherwise have no reason to purchase. They are also a perfect excuse to purchase a Acquilt go machine and update my emboridery machine and software etc. Quilting is so much more forgiving than garment sewing and my current figure makes garment sewing for myself a chore rather than a pleasure. Handquilting can be portable and allows me to accomplish something while I watch TV or kill time when traveling and is a great conversation starter in public places. All of my relatives can expect to recieve somekind of quilted item as a gift whatever the occasion. I have dabbled in many crafts in my 60years but quilting is always the one I return to and enjoy the most.