View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 09:33 PM
zoeytoo

The ways you all have expressed what I feel too is wonderful. For me it is the feeling I get when i see there is a cherry and whipped cream on my ice-cream. The atmosphere of the penny candy shop in 1956 when I could choose from all the treats in the mahogany framed glass counter. How I felt this morning when 3 pink roses were blooming , not there yesterday, and I walked over and put my nose into the big petals and smelled perfume. I love the feel of fabric, I touch it before I really 'see' it. I love the prints and lines and colors that make each one unique. It's like someone miles away created an experience and I receive it like a gift. I delight in the geometric balance of patterns, engineering and drafting just make me want to say Wow. I like putting colors together, like a chemist likes to see what happens --.that aha!!! moment when they are so right together. I like books with directions that lead me down a path one line at a time so I say ' I see what you are doing:)'. People amaze me when they make a quilt and it is so personal and they share that with me and you. It's like opening a kitchen window and calling out "Come in here. I want you to
be with me for a while" . I want to do that for others. I like to see something that wasn't become something that is. Like there wasn't a geisha kimono and now there it is on my quilt. Today I saw a wall hanging with a bee the size of a cantaloup and multi colored wings a foot wide on either side heading down into a bullseye on a daisy center the size of a microwave. See, words cannot express what the actual quilt could, wimsy, movement, color, spaciality, fun. Making a quilt is making happiness in a way unique to the endeavor. I've often thought God must be a quilter because He thought up hummingbirds. One quilter thinks up a city with rectangular parts, another swirls batiques into pomegranates. I want to take my thoughts and make a quilt that someone will enjoy as I did the city and the pomegranates and I want to feel the joy as I make it happen. ...I didn't know I had so much to say, sorry for being long winded.