View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 01:24 PM
kclausing

Hi, all.
I saw a message on this board awhile back about creating a quilt from a jelly roll by sewing the strips end to end then bringing it end to end and stitching down the length of it, then repeat, and repeat, etc...

Well, I undertook this idea and decided I was going to make it king size (probably should have started with a small quilt first). Hundreds of strips later and a couple weeks, I am almost done - with the first round of stitching down the length. From my figuring, i will have to stitch it down the length 5 times before it is done. But each time, I won't have as much length to stitch, so it should get better as I go.

I've got to say, for anyone looking to undertake this, the most difficult part is how you lay out the strips AFTER you stitch them. Sine you have to take the one giant strip end to end and stitch down the length of it, you have to make sure it is laying flat first (no twists). This is a pain and time consuming. I make sure that as I stitch the length I kept the stitched length folded upon itself in multiple stacks as neatly as possible, so when I get to the next round of bringing the ends together that I take the end from the first stack and from the last and starts stitching - or at least that's my plan... we'll see how it goes.

Anyone else endeavor this pattern on a queen or king?