Old 06-06-2011, 04:07 AM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I have to say that I keep seeing some amazing pictures of sewing rooms - big, spacious, organized, decluttered... You can see the floor and can physically get to the closet without needing mountain climbing gadgets...

Then there's mine.......
My room is 11' squared pretty much - and it is overflowing and unmanageable for the most part. It has more big furniture in there than it is suppose to have and is set up like a maze just so you can get to the closet.

I have cleaned partially then gone in there, searching for something and then get it all destroyed again. Yes, I know... I need to clean it COMPLETELY and then keep up with it. That has been my problem... not getting it completely cleaned. This summer, once I get caught up on everything, I need to get in there for a few days and get it done.....

I can't be the only one... can I?
I'm not sure if I am brave enough to post pictures of it. It doesn't have heaping piles in there, okay, maybe one but that's because I was actually piecing yesterday and pushed a bunch of material in to a pile. That was my fault completely. I'll fix that today - I swear it :D
Haha. I'm working on my room--and thought of pictures, etc. No way. Total reorganization, or maybe just partial as I want to get back to sewing...

But had the kids help me bring up two cabinets that have shelves in them for help in organization. I think I'm getting rid of some things from the room as well (probably not mostly fabric, though) and will probably find a new place for patterns as I just don't have enough room. I was hoping to find enough room to set up my older Pfaff machine so I could have both set up at the same time. Not sure if the room is big enough,though...

You aren't the only one...rest assured.