Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I see gorgeous sewing rooms... then there's mine.... >

I see gorgeous sewing rooms... then there's mine....

I see gorgeous sewing rooms... then there's mine....

Old 06-12-2011, 08:00 AM

Well, as you know you are not alone. On May 19th I posted before and after pics of my sewing room, and I am glad I did. Everyone was very helpful with advice and comments. I think I maybe had one negative comment. And I didn't care.

I still need to sort my fabric, but it is summer and that is not on the top of things to do list, I do some here and there. At least I can go in the room and work.
I feel so good going in there now, and I am proud to say it is still in order and will remain that way.

So good luck to you, and thanks to everyone on the forum who has been there or is there and always offering a shoulder to lean on.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:32 AM

I am so happy but so discouraged at the same time.A wonderful lady gave ma a large amount of material.That makes me happy ,what discourages me is I have no place to put it.I put it in my suppose to be sewing room on top of all the other material people gave me but I cant get into the room to sew.I so need a bigger house.One just for me and my sewing.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:10 PM

LOL
Old 06-12-2011, 07:25 PM

I can tell you that cramming another shelf in the corner is not really going to help...
Old 06-12-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I just finished cutting the fabric for the rest of the dresser runners I am working on.
Are you quilting them? I grew up with Mother & grandmother who had "dresser scarves" on all the dressers & buffets. They were usually linen with embroidery on each end. If you are making a quilting update of this idea, I'd love to see pics...did you post any on the board?
Old 06-13-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by cabinfever
I just finished cutting the fabric for the rest of the dresser runners I am working on.
Are you quilting them? I grew up with Mother & grandmother who had "dresser scarves" on all the dressers & buffets. They were usually linen with embroidery on each end. If you are making a quilting update of this idea, I'd love to see pics...did you post any on the board?
I remember those! My grandma also called sheets, pillow cases and blankets "bed clothes".
Old 06-14-2011, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by cabinfever
Yes, I sure am. I'm making table runners that are sized to fit the tops of the dressers and night stands. I'm halfway through them now. I won't be quilting again for a few days as I have some crochet projects that need to be attended to. I'm teaching a teen class in July and need to design my projects....
Old 06-14-2011, 04:10 AM

That pretty much sounds like mine LOL

Susan
Old 07-02-2011, 12:09 PM

To DebShelties--you're not realistic.. and JustFlyingIn...I'm more with you. My sewing/computer/wordprocessor/tv/smocking/storage/etc room is only 18x24..and crowded!!! I invested in some large clear plastic boxes, and they are jammed in behind the bar.. and bolts of fabric on large plastic shelves.. along with several sewing machines,(desk models also) 2 treadle machines, pleater, small Singer, Serger,l ironing board, 2 large desks, 5 filing cabinets, shelves along the walls for books, and more material, and still it's a mess... I walk around sideways, and then there are the 2 kittens that climb on EVERYTHING, and that falls on the floor, materials as well as papers, and it's difficult for me to bend over, due to my 81 yr old back.. No, I'm not taking pictures.. Diana O.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:13 PM

I love looking at those gorgeous sewing rooms also, where everything has a place, and everything is in its place... but where do they keep all of their patterns, books, MATERIAL??? There are a few fat quarters here and there, but that's it... and there are maybe 2 rotary cutters, and that's it... and all the rulers? and all the other goodies? certainly not in front of the camera.... C'mon now, they're not realistic... Diana O.