Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I see gorgeous sewing rooms... then there's mine.... >

I see gorgeous sewing rooms... then there's mine....

I see gorgeous sewing rooms... then there's mine....

Old 06-10-2011, 04:22 PM

Mine is organized-neat-no piles-large spaces to walk in-a clear path to the closet......LOL LOL..... that's my STORY aNd I'm stickin' to it !! AT LEAST TIL THAT CAN BECOME A REALITY! I DEFINITELY CAN RELATE :oops:
Old 06-10-2011, 07:35 PM

Mine is just a wreck
Old 06-10-2011, 07:44 PM

Some of us have those nice neat rooms with organized fabric stashes (like me http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-119474-1.htm).

But FYI - they don't look as nice and neat when we're in the middle of a project. (Mine certainly looks a lot different.)

As an elementary teacher, it's kind of like school picture day. The kids look like they're going to a fancy dinner. Girls in frilly dresses with pretty curls and barrettes, boys in clean shirts and slick backed hair. Every other day, just regular kids playing soccer and on the jungle gym without caring if their clothes get dirty or their hair gets messed up.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:21 PM

Just told my quilting buddy yesterday I wish I had someone like the shops do to put the fabric away after they cut it. Pull out so much different fabric and it piles up so quick.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:37 PM

Just went to a friends beautiful house to get a big stash of material she gave me.I just wish I had a room as big as her closet is for a sewing room.I could get into it then.She use to quilt but doesnt have time any more.They own the best resturant I have ever been to ,we eat there a lot.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:38 PM

I so identify with the title of this thread. :?

I cleaned up in there yesterday, but you can't tell it - it still looks like a cyclone's been through there.

I even made myself post pictures of the awful mess where my friends could see it and "hold me accountable" for getting it organized.

They thought it looked just fine! :roll: :mrgreen:
Old 06-11-2011, 07:07 PM

I share my sewing space with the treadmill, washer and dryer, storage, etc. There is a punching bag only feet from my sewing machine, now that comes in handy when things get frustrating.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by katieranch
My room is overcrowded, partly, because my DH insisted I needed to keep all the cabinets that we had added before I put my quilting frame in there. I would gladly have given up some cabinets...or even better, I would have left my quilt frame in the dining room that we don't use very often but DH would have none of it, so I move the frame to get to the cabinets in the back or to open the window, then I move it back to sew. I found an ironing board for the back of the door, that helped with space a little. Oh, did I tell you the cat box is in my sewing room, too?
I really like the peg board with your things hung up ....but .. is that a gun you have hanging there? Gee, I don't have one of those in my girl cave; maybe I should to keep the boys out!
Old 06-12-2011, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by DanaNVa
Position the foam board with the long edges on the sides.

http://turningturning.com/tutorial-folding-fabric/ shows a method that doesn't require buying a board. Some of us couldn't imagine investing in enough money to put each of our pieces of fabric on a board.

The method in the linked tutorial is GREAT. It works and anyone can do it. :) You could hire a teenager to do it.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin

http://turningturning.com/tutorial-folding-fabric/ shows a method that doesn't require buying a board. Some of us couldn't imagine investing in enough money to put each of our pieces of fabric on a board.

The method in the linked tutorial is GREAT. It works and anyone can do it. :) You could hire a teenager to do it.

That's the tutorial I followed when I started to fold my refabric.
I do get compliments on that part of the room lol.

I am proud of myself. I just finished cutting the fabric for the rest of the dresser runners I am working on - and refolded and put it away! I am glad I did that :D I'm not too terribly far from getting that room completely under control. I guess it really isn't as bad as I made it seem lol - although it certainly isn't a showroom!