Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll show you mine!If you show me yours! Sewing Rooms..

Here's my sewing room...did learn something for all of you in the basement...you can pin a block to your batting and the batting will stick to the concrete walls!LOL Hope these make sense out of my madness...Skeat
    Attached Images Attached Images

more...

going around the room....:)All four sides...

What an awesome room! You have so much space, that's so cool.

I'm loving the wall.... my design wall is only small. Hubby has planned a work centre for me to free up some space, so once it's built I might be able to have an entire wall free for design. But it still won't be as good as yours! :-)

My design wall is 2 insulated foam boards for a metal barn insulation w/white flannel on it...was a bit short so added just a piece of batting on the end for the extra space when multi-quilting:)

The shelves hold different containers and even some crock bowls for projects to make or collecting for...the blue bucket on the floor is full of quilt tops for me to quilt...:)I'm thinking if it stacks high enough I will get a frame soon enough:) Hope to see more/other sewing rooms! Skeat

Thanks Blue Chicken!! Yours looks super too...post your sewing room addy here so others can roam over there too..Skeat

I thought I would bring this up because there are a lot of beautiful sewing rooms on this thread. Nothing wrong in making another one though.My sewing room is on page 7. changed it somewhat I need to update the pictures when I can get the time.
    You have a wondeful sewing room. Your design wall I do like,I may have to copy that.
    BillsBonBon
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/1371.page

Here's most of my sewing room, it's not as nice and big as my old sewing room, but it's better than nothing.

cutting table and fabric storage
    Name:  Attachment-48609.jpe
Views: 309
Size:  50.0 KB

some more of my sewing room

the other side of my cutting table
    Name:  Attachment-32483.jpe
Views: 124
Size:  45.8 KB

another tiny room with some more totes with fabric. Black bags are scraps
    Name:  Attachment-32484.jpe
Views: 119
Size:  52.7 KB

Nice room! WOOHOO!!

I want to play in BOTH rooms!!!!

You have a lovely area to create Skeat! So neat and organized and very large! I envy you. Make me something! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill'sBonBon
    I thought I would bring this up because there are a lot of beautiful sewing rooms on this thread. Nothing wrong in making another one though.My sewing room is on page 7. changed it somewhat I need to update the pictures when I can get the time.
    You have a wondeful sewing room. Your design wall I do like,I may have to copy that.
    BillsBonBon
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/1371.page
    I am thrilled that you posted that addy!! I have never seen this thread and it was great fun to visit everyone's space. I really liked what you said when you said it wasn't what kind of space we had, but, a space we can basically retreat to...you are so right!!:)But, boy do I dream of bigger and white-r space!:)Oh, and w/big windows...but, I so love having my 'area'...:)Thanks much!!Skeat

Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    You have a lovely area to create Skeat! So neat and organized and very large! I envy you. Make me something! LOL!
    Come on over and play Chele!!! And, who has a sunroom just for their sewing machine??:0)Loved your space too! I do hope we will see more from others too! We can learn so much and get great ideas from sharing! Skeat

Quote Originally Posted by pocoellie
    Here's most of my sewing room, it's not as nice and big as my old sewing room, but it's better than nothing.
    OMG pocoellie!!! If I ever show up at your house, you better keep both eyes on me!! For I'd be in there hugging those fabric drawers and stuff'n some of those stashes in my shirt! What a fun inspiration!! Thanks for sharing!! Skeat

Quote Originally Posted by Skeat
    Thanks Blue Chicken!! Yours looks super too...post your sewing room addy here so others can roam over there too..Skeat
    :-)
    I was going to this morning, then realised since I took those photos I've added another fabric cabinet, and a rail thing on wheels to hold finished tops, so have to take some more and post them.

Here's mine.

Wow... yours is so tidy! Do you just look at it and not do anything in there? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeat
    :-)
    I was going to this morning, then realised since I took those photos I've added another fabric cabinet, and a rail thing on wheels to hold finished tops, so have to take some more and post them.
    Wahoo! I can't wait! Don't we love the additions...espec in fabric!:)Skeat

Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Here's mine.
    You have a nice and bright space!! I'd love to hear more about your sewing table. That looks really nice and hold all your machines! Super that you have shared!! Such fun!! Skeat

[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...y/000_0235.jpg[/IMG]
    Here is where I sew it's my DD old room with the bed still there.

[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...y/000_0234.jpg[/IMG]
    And this is where I do the cutting in a room around the corner from the other.

Here is where I sew it's my DD old room with the bed still there.[/quote]

You also have a great space and bright room!! Love your sewing table too!! Read somewhere (maybe here) that her daughter left and was on her own around 8yrs...and w/her daughter's encouragement, took over her old room for sewing. I had to chuckle...for it prob is hard to make that final decision:)And, the fact mine keep moving back:)LOL Hug that window!!Skeat

And this is where I do the cutting in a room around the corner from the other.[/quote]

I love this blue table!! What a great cutting spot!! Skeat

Skeat that table is an antique kitchen table I painted a long time ago it has a porcelain top.

Wow skeat...you look close to top in stash....what a great space :D

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast