Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'll show you mine!If you show me yours! Sewing Rooms.. >

I'll show you mine!If you show me yours! Sewing Rooms..

I'll show you mine!If you show me yours! Sewing Rooms..

Old 09-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Butterflywing -- Hot Dang!! Welcome to my club, girl, -- your room is ALMOST as bad as mine!! :D :D
:lol: :lol: life is not for the timid, is it? we should start a real club and call it
the 'life is short - have fun first' club. :P
Old 09-21-2009, 03:02 PM

I think all of us are already in that club!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Butterflywing -- Hot Dang!! Welcome to my club, girl, -- your room is ALMOST as bad as mine!! :D :D
:lol: :lol: life is not for the timid, is it? we should start a real club and call it
the 'life is short - have fun first' club. :P

I don't know about you, but I always have multiple projects going on: piecing a quilt, doing some kind of machine embroidery, hand quilting project, hand embroidery project, paper project -- all at the same time and the various paraphernalia that is needed for each of those projects is (somewhere :oops: ) in my sewing room! And then we won't mention the new fabric, patterns, printouts, etc. that accumulate there also that I haven't had time to do put away...

I love your name for our club, the "Life is Short -- Have Fun First Society", also known as LISFFS for short.D :D (Say that 3 times fast):lol: :lol:

Old 09-22-2009, 10:05 AM

How big is your design wall? Great sewing area![/quote]

The insulation boards (they are silver shiny on the outside a foam inside) are 4x8ft...I have 2 of them side by side and then I needed a smidgen more to put up another project in the works...so added the width of a rolled batting. Works great when you are putting up rows of blocks, etc. Espec when you are not sure how you want them to be...you just put them on the flannel....leave to think on:)Skeat.....who loves my design wall/insulation boards...pins go in nice and stay put when you need them to>
Old 09-22-2009, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Skeat
How big is your design wall? Great sewing area!

The insulation boards (they are silver shiny on the outside a foam inside) are 4x8ft...I have 2 of them side by side and then I needed a smidgen more to put up another project in the works...so added the width of a rolled batting. Works great when you are putting up rows of blocks, etc. Espec when you are not sure how you want them to be...you just put them on the flannel....leave to think on:)Skeat.....who loves my design wall/insulation boards...pins go in nice and stay put when you need them to>[/quote]

HEY Skeat

Is that a Love Letter block from Barb & Alma at BD I spy on your wall. there, I'm hoping to make a start on that quilt soon.
Have you just made the one block ????

Tisha
Old 09-22-2009, 10:26 AM

Tisha, That is the Hedge Apple block from 'When The Cold Wind Blows' book:)The block is 22 1/2" if I remember right. I will be posting the 2 I have done and the one pinned soon in pictures. Love their stuff:)Skeat

Here's a pic of the front cover at: http://pickledish.kcstar.com/?q=node/564 (now, no peeking at any other quilt books! If you love quilt mysteries-check out 'Murder on Elderberry Road' here):0)Anything in the name of addiction!LOL
Old 09-22-2009, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Skeat
Tisha, That is the Hedge Apple block from 'When The Cold Wind Blows' book:)The block is 22 1/2" if I remember right. I will be posting the 2 I have done and the one pinned soon in pictures. Love their stuff:)Skeat

Here's a pic of the front cover at: http://pickledish.kcstar.com/?q=node/564 (now, no peeking at any other quilt books! If you love quilt mysteries-check out 'Murder on Elderberry Road' here):0)Anything in the name of addiction!LOL

YES< YES< YES that's it Skeat

I bought it back in May when I went to the Malvern Quilt Show over here. I got all my fabrics back then too - cost me an arm & a leg LOL.
I adore BD they are so well - scrummy, have you seen their new book I'm trying to get my hands on it I think it's called "Your Invited".

Can't wait to see you other blocks give me a nudge when you post them pls :wink:

Many thanks - Tisha

Old 09-22-2009, 10:34 AM

No, I haven't seen it....I will check that out! Thanks! Skeat
Old 09-22-2009, 10:37 AM

WOOOOO HOOOO

I've found it on Pickledish - what a great site. I am going to be in soooooooo much trouble, but it's OK I can tell DH it was your fault LOL.

Tisha

http://pickledish.kcstar.com/?q=node/142