View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 06:04 AM
pittsburgpam

That fabric really is cute. I thought it was strange that my daughter picked it. It has CHICKENS!!! :lol: And eggs, and egg beaters. She doesn't like flowery at all.

Since she picked Metro Market, I chose a basket for the design. I looked everywhere for a basket pattern that was solid pieces like this, not a bunch of triangles together. The only one I found was this 10" block but that's fine really. I don't have a set size for the quilt. It's not for her bed because she says the dogs sleep on it.

I use the Marti Michell corner cutting template, have ever since at least 10 years ago when a BOM I did used one of her template sets. It's not always necessary to use it on squares but, let me tell you, I used it on the recent Feathered Star and lining up squares/triangles and a diamond with it is invaluable.

When I did the first test of the basket without the triangle corners cut I was basically lining up where I "thought" the point of the small triangle should be. About 1/4" past the point of the large triangle, right? Looked fine until I did the second side and when I opened it up to press it I saw that the line across the bottom of the two triangles wasn't straight.

http://frommarti.com/our_products.shtml