Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
First of many baskets >

First of many baskets

First of many baskets

Old 04-16-2009, 08:05 PM

love the basket :)
Old 04-17-2009, 05:18 PM

So very cute........

Love all your work........... tell me where do you find the time to make all those quilts??????
Keep them coming..... love looking at other peoples work. They do inspire me. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful work.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:53 PM

I love it!! The pattern of the material in this one is great and love the colors, can't wait to see more.
I might have to check out that template you are talking about, sounds like something I could use.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Power Poster

Love it! love the black and red
Old 04-17-2009, 06:08 PM

I'll let my know daughter that you all like her fabric choice. :) If I spend some dedicated time on it it should be a pretty quick one. There are only 6 pieces per block plus sewing the handle on. I'm just top stitching the handle down both sides of the strip very close to the edge so that's just a couple minutes work. I thought of hand applique but... noooo. I did another block last night but most of the time was spent getting the backing into the quilting frame for the log cabin quilt.

How do I get so many tops done? I get home from work around 5:30, spend an hour or so unwinding, make coffee, read mail, maybe check the stock market and investments, get something comfortable on, then I head to the sewing room. Turn on the TV to listen to and work on something.

I live alone so there's no one to want me to do something else... like cook dinner. I'm not usually hungry for dinner since I eat a good meal at lunch. I do enjoy my time alone after interacting all day at work. There's not much housework to do either.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:09 PM

When I did the first one without using the point template and it wasn't even across the bottom, I remembered to use it.

This is using the point cutting template. Without it, where EXACTLY do I line up the points of the small triangles to the large one? It didn't come out even just doing it.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-26915.jpe   attachment-26918.jpe   attachment-26919.jpe  
Old 04-27-2009, 02:10 PM

Sewing on the two sides.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-26756.jpe   attachment-26757.jpe   attachment-27001.jpe