Old 06-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Rhonda Lee

I'm delving into my stash to make it more user friendly for me. Based on books and articles I have read here are the following categories of sizes, shapes, and colors suggested to store and how to store: yardage, strings, strips, blocks, bricks, chunks, charms, chips, fat quarters, cakes, jellyrolls, strays; colors, like colors, darks, light, everything else or medium, value, season, and theme. Storage: bins, boxes, shelves, zip lock bags, baskets, and drawers.

I have neatly stored yardage on shelves. All material folded the same way allowing for width in variance and info for yardage pinned to the fabric, such as, 3yds or 5yds or whatever the amount may be.

Anything 2 yds and under has been folded approx. to a 6X4 size to fit into clear plastic containers, all color cordinated in the appropriate container and stacked to be easily viewed.

From the 2yds and under group, I'll be cutting fat quarters. The remaning fabric from a fat quarter size will be cut in to blocks, bricks and strips. The block sizes I mostly use are; 8 1/2, 5, 3 1/2, and 2 inch squares. Strip sizes, 1 1/4, 2, 2 1/2 inches. I am hoping this will work. I want to start moving my huge stash and I think this will help. What sizes do you use? I am going to go outside now and think about all this while I am doing yard work. I'll come back later to read what you all may have added and hope I can muster the courage needed to get the job done. I really appreciate the help and encouragement received from you. Love you I do.