Thread: Door Shade
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Rosyhf

Hello Everyone, it's been a while, I know. I am still in doll mode lol.

MDH has been mentioning to me that my studio door needs some kind of a shade as the sun sure beats a path through it and that at night it should be covered.

I have been looking at my scrap pin for some time now and it sure needs to be put to some creative use.

I pulled out some novelty fabrics of the movie the Lion King. I just pulled out a bunch, whatever came up. I was just going to do the blocks from that pile so they would all relate.

I cut some batting scraps and crazy quilted right on the batting. I made eight blocks and those that were too small, I just added patches of more batting with crazy patch. Then I joined the blocks and added four inch borders on both sides, done the same way as the blocks.

I did a pillowcase lining, turned it inside out. I then topstitched it, pulling some of the lining to the front and it made it look like did a binding.

Looking at it on the web, it sure looks crazy to me hahahahah...It is always a good feeling when I can make something out of scraps.

I am going to put some glue on velcro on the door and the other piece on the door shade. I will just velcro it on and take it off when needed.

Back of the quilt with blocks and border sewed together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208419[/ATTACH]

Just the blocks sewed together and now needed more.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208420[/ATTACH]

close up of Buba and some Parrot fabric I had.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208422[/ATTACH]

close up of the Monkey and a nice fish.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208423[/ATTACH]

close up of the lion and Buba block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208426[/ATTACH]

Door shade all done with the little lining showing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208427[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-208413.jpe   attachment-208414.jpe   attachment-208416.jpe   attachment-208417.jpe   attachment-208420.jpe  

attachment-208421.jpe