Old 06-08-2011, 01:06 PM
DebsShelties

Originally Posted by ckcowl
i would not purchase precut block kits- i've found that it's hard enough getting enough fabric for your blocks without someone else messing it up ahead of time for you...i've participated in many boms over the years- and the ones with pre-cut's i avoid...just like we all sew differently we cut differently too- and we all have our own rulers & tools...mine may not measure the same as yours- mine is over 10 years old and worn- yours may be new...for someone else to cut out the blocks for me i would never be able to get it together= it would be a UFO before it was ever started...i cringe at the thought...especially since i may read a pattern and know a different way to make that block that is lots easier---or just different- and i need/want the fabric to be able to do it my way not someone elses way - that's part of what makes it mine
I am going to use these blocks for learning free motion quilting on a domestic machine.
I do like having the pattern though with these blocks. It gives here are what size the pieces are etc.
So I can do the block in my own fabric.