View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 01:20 PM
WynfordMom2016

I started quilting about 5 years ago..When I got started my mom bought me a new sewing machine..Nothing expensive it came for Target and was less than $200 It's a Brother XL - 5600..Like I said nothing expensive and it has been an okay machine and served it purpose..and really there isn't anything wrong with it BUT I am thinking of buying another machine..
although I would love to buy a big expensive machine and a long arm quilting machine those are NOT in the budget with 3 teenagers (maybe someday)
for what I want now I would love a machine that the feed dogs drop instead of having to put that plate over them. I want something that will hold up well.
The thing is that for me to buy another machine right now it would have to be an inexpensive model I was thinking $200 but might b e able to go a little higher if I hold out and save up a little longer

Can anyone suggested a good inexpensive option I can check into...

I do have a treadle machine and hope to buy a featherweight some day if I find a good deal on one..

I have thought of buying a used machine and maybe even one that needs fixed but just not sure what the best way to go will be

thanks