View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

You know how advice about improving your financial situation starts out with "pay yourself"? (Meaning when the paycheck comes, put some money into savings or a retirement account first, then use the rest to budget for bills.) I think the same is true for quilting.

My husband and I are starting a home business together. He still works outside the home 60 hours a week, so most of the actual startup work is mine. What I have found is that I have to do the home business work first; housework has to wait. Since implementing that plan, I can safely say that all of the housework has deteriorated! Laundry piles up like never before and the dust bunnies are forming play groups. However, our business is coming along just fine!

Unlike me, you basically only have weekends to get some serious work done. (If you are like me, after working a full day outside the home there's not a lot of constructive energy left at night.) I'd say your best bet is to set aside a couple of hours to quilt at the beginning of each weekend day (paying yourself first). This gives it a high priority. Whatever is left after that can be budgeted for your ordinary chores.