View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Marcia

Originally Posted by Loretta
When I was working full time and had a house full of teenagers, I discovered I was doing too much for them. So I stopped doing all laundry for the kids. (I porvided the machine water and soap and they did their own.) That included bath towels and bed linens. You would be amazed how quickly they picked up the bath towels when they were the ones who had to wash them. I also made free nights for myself, by having each family member cook one supper per week. Even though I sometimes had to eat weiners and beans, the free time it gave me was priceless. The final result was that they all thanked me when they got to college and knew how to do laundry and cook.
Good for you, Loretta---I did the same thing-raised self-sufficient adults!!

I do not work outside the house, and some would say I do not work inside the house either!!! :wink: Since it is just my husband and I now the house does not get as dirty, there is not as much laundry, etc. But, I do find that I spend a lot of time on the road going to visit my grandchildren and then cooking and cleaning when everyone is coming here for a meal.

I quilt when I can, savor every moment of my life and don't sweat the small stuff. I no longer find the need to "do it all".