View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Barbm

Once upon a time there lived a title insurance agent. Married to the man of her dreams with lovely children, they moved into their "retirement " home although each was to young to retire. Her home was immaculate, the flowers garden weeded and tended and bouquets graced her table and countertop.

And then, she discovered quilting. The menace is a drug, taking over her life, forcing it's existence into her every inch of her life. The beautiful home- still beautiful but sometimes the dust bunnies are visible and she doesn't sit on the couch because the dog hair will get on her work clothes. The pretty flowers- you can see them- just push the weeds out of the way. Now there are grand babies, the kids are almost gone. She thought she was Wonder Woman and started her own business- it has taken off. But Wonder Woman wonders how she can fit it all in? The quilting needs to be done, the laundry needs to crawl back into the basket, the floor needs sweeping... the list goes on and on.

What is the happy ending for this fairy tale? Certainly one cannot give up quilting. That's it- the housework must go! Back to my sewing room- have table runners to quilt for the wedding shower next Saturday. Laundry is getting done- I can talk to hubby and son while I change loads. Son can vacuum the dust bunnies and the couches. Hubby can fend for himself. As long as no one is starving or ill from the squalor, who cares I'll be upstairs, de-stressing in my sewing room- quilting. And I'll live happily ever after.

Barb