View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 12:03 PM
BlueChicken

This is the first time I've used it, so I'm kind of still experimenting. The bottle I have says that ideally it needs to be printed on within half an hour of drying.

So I only did enough for the sheets I needed this time. And yes, I used their rinse too. I'm going to wash them in a normal wash today, to make sure they don't run or fade, with a gentle wash powder.

Thinking ahead... I'm not too sure how I'll do labels for single quilts. It would be easy to cut small pieces of fabric, and adjust the paper size on the printer, but it's quite a rigmarole for one small label. I like the idea of pre-printing a pile and then using a pen, but then again I like the "perfect" nature of a printed label, and the note on the bottle about printing within half an hour makes me wonder what would happen if you left some for days or weeks.

Might be worthy of a thread all on its own I think!

Oh, and absolutely it can be sent through the printer twice. I had one sheet that only printed on one end, and it smeared a bit, so I turned it around and reprinted on the other end and it came through fine. I also sent one through upside down (so the labels printed on the freezer paper instead of the fabric) and I resent that one through fine too.