View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Butterfli19

You certainly all have been helpful and it's nice to hear that there really isn't anyone who does it all. I taught my kids to be self-sufficient and they can cook, clean, and do laundry. They aren't the problem, I am the problem.

I expect too much of myself, always have. Sometimes I get so overwhelmed I procrastinate. Aha! I guess I need to back down a bit. I had every intention of sewing all weekend but the only sewing I did was resew two buttons on my son's friend's jacket. I spent most of yesterday entering all my sewing machine feet, different threads and sewing machine needles into an excel spreadsheet, trying to prepare inventory for the biz. I also drafted a pattern for a grocery tote I decided to make out of old jeans, and decided to wait on purchasing the EQ6 since I only make small things. I did manage to wash, dry and fold two more loads of fabric, only to realize most of what I have is prints of flowers or stars, with hardly any plain fabric. Sigh...now I have to buy pastel and bold complements. And another bin. And some muslin. And some white batting.

Nancy Zieman wrote a book called "10, 20, 30 minutes to Sew." I think I'll do that. Try to set aside 1/2 - 1 hour each evening to do something sewing-related. I set aside 1/2 hour each morning before work to cross-stitch, I can certainly do the same for sewing. Sheesh, I am a grown up, lol.