Old 06-11-2011, 01:35 PM
virtualbernie

I started out with one cat (Iggie). She does not like to be inside but the rules in our area is that cats cannot roam loose. Well somehow she got out and we didn't see her for 3/4 months. We gave up hope that we'd ever see her again so we went to the shelter and got 2 brothers (Sam and BabyBoy). Not one month later she pops up and of course she "hates" the boys! I tried keeping them in my bedroom together with me so they could get to know one another but all that happened was she stayed behind my dresser not coming out to eat or drink. I felt so sorry for her I put food and water behind the dresser with her. Finally after a while, I gave up (started to smell up my room and when I investigated I realized she wasn't sneaking out to use the litter box either!) Took her to the vet who gave her meds to calm her down but that didn't work. Now her domain is in the basement with her own food and water and litterbox. I feel so bad for her because we only use the basement to do laundry so she doesn't get a lot of interaction. Lately she's started to scratch at the door but when you open it up she runs back downstairs. Every so often I leave the door open hoping she'll come up on her own but that only allows the "boys" to go down and harrass her and I really don't need the "poop" thing again :?

Is there anything I can do?