View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 04:22 AM
collettakay

I thank God everyday that at this point in time my dh's income supports us and I'm able to be home with our little one's. Our oldest is in school and our youngest is 2. Even though I don't have a job outside the home I find that I am as busy now as ever.

I made a household binder that I call "Colletta's Kitchen Sink". It contains everything and anything I need to stay organized and be where I need to be when I need to be there. I created my own monthly/weekly planner that has a column for me, dh and both kiddies. I can put my daily chores/apts/plan in my column and also keep track of what is going in for dh and the kids. Their appts/practices/school happening go under their column so that I can see what our whole family has going on for each day. I also have tab that contain: phone #'s, addresses, projects, PTO, Girl scouts, church. I whole punch flyers that I get and put them in their proper tab area. I also keep notebook paper in each section to make lists. I take it with me whenever I leave the house. I made a master list of events that occur on a monthly and weekly basis and also a cleaning/household list. It helps to remember what to schedule on my calendar and I don't forget to the things like washing the kids sheets.

Each week I plan out the main things going on for the week. Sundays are set aside for church and family and of course, Sunday afternoon naps. lol. Monday morning I deep clean the kitchen, dining room, sewing room and family room and do laundry. Tuesday morning I deep clean the bathrooms and bedrooms and finish any laundry that didn't get done. Wednesday are set aside for sewing/quilting/projects. Thursday I do laundry again and everyother week go for groceries. Friday are usually for errands, picking up the house, and reading and Family Movie Night. Saturdays are family day and I have to get the church bulletin printed off before Sunday morning.

Some days it take me longer to get my list done depending on how cooperative the little one is. Her nap time is usually me time. Evenings are dinner, practices, meetings, homework, baths and then quilting time while watching TV.

The main thing is to be flexible. If something on my list doesn't get done that day, oh well. I mark it for the next day or a more convenient time.

I also am not my mother's cleaning daughter. I refuse to sweep floors everyday and don't do the dishes directly after suppper. The next morning is just fine. If the clothes sit in the basker for a week, hey at least they're clean. I do try to do a total house declutter at least once a year. (I'm in the middle of that now. One room at a time.)

If you made it through all this rambling, thank you. And if anyone wants me to email you my planner that you can customize and print out, pm me your email addy.

One more thing, guess what I have on a my schedule for today in big letters and circled. TRIP TO THE FABRIC STORE!!!!