View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 04:46 AM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Holy moly! So many of you sound just like me, or vise versa. I have heard the phrase, "I am not my mother's daughter" in several of these posts...that's how I feel, too. Mom's house is perfect. Always. Clutter attracts to me like hair on duct tape....or sand on a dropped banana or, well, you know. I hate it. I am so disorganized right now, and it puts me in a horrible mood.
I've been working on it. I think I'd like to get things ready and have a yardsale. We are building on to our house right now, so that's really going to be fun when we start cutting out walls and adding a new hall. I spent most of a day cleaning and organizing things in my room. I've even taken the bed all the way apart and dusted and vacuumed it all. Then, I had to get up at 2am one morning and move all of my shelves and fabric bc hubby had removed the siding (building on) and rain was blowing in around the sliding door in my room! Don't worry. I saved the fabric and the carpet.

I've learned that I'm not perfect, and that I can't seem to keep everything in its place. I was better at this before kids, but I guess we all were. I'm rather embarrassed when company comes, but I've learned to get over that a little.

Laundry! OMG! I almost hate laundry! GRR! I do well with getting it all downstairs and getting it done, but putting it up is another story. I do fold everything when I take it out of the dryer, so it doesn't get wrinkled. It may be a week getting put up, but it won't be wrinkled!

When I get really frustrated with myself, I stop and think a little. I tell myself to be thankful, very thankful, that I have a roof over my head and a house to clean, that I have laundry and detergent to do it with, dirty dishes because we have food to eat..
My Mom grew up without running water, indoor plumbing, and a lot of necessities and "things". They had a wringer washer outside to do laundry in if they'd caught enough rain water, and a line to dry them on. They had to carry water from a spring way over the hill if they wanted to eat, clean, wash, etc. So, sometimes if I'm really feeling crappy about things, I can think of how lucky I am to "have it easy". It isn't exactly "easy", but it is easier than Mom had it.

I had planned to get my house in order last week, during Spring break, but I got sick instead. So, I said MONDAY>>>It's Monday.