Thread: Lemon Curd
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Feathers

Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Mmmmmm yes, it is a British favourite, especially with this Brit! I always have a jar in my fridge and prefer it to jam. FOr some reason it is nice with cheese. I use to sandwich my Victoria Sponge cakes together instead of jam too.
Hi PrettyKitty: We, too are using the curd in place of jam. Haven't tried it with cheese so I'm going to do that. Do you sweeten the cream cheese? I've hurd of "clotted cream" (which I think must be like cream cheese) and curd. Do you make your own curd or do you buy it? I haven't seen it in our stores as "curd." We can buy cans of "lemon pudding/pie filling" but the curd seems to have a completely different taste and texture. I do love both.

I made a lemon cake recently and used the curd between the layers of the cake and just spooned sliced fresh strawberries that were sweetened with a bit of sugar and a bit of whip cream over the cake... To die for!!!! is how good that was.

I also made a sugar cookie recipe and lined the tiny muffin cups with cookie dough and baked the cookie and just before serving I added the lemon curd with just a bit of whip cream and it was wonderful. I'll do that again but you can't add the curd until just before serving as the cookie soaks up the moisture and won't hold together if you assemble the dessert too early.