View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 10:49 AM
sunni

Originally Posted by alwayslearning
Still being relatively new to quilting, I haven't chosen a favorite, but certainly have a complaint. I recently (April) responded to a "deal" from Love of Quilting -- one year for $14.97 plus four free gifts. They charged my credit card $18.97, not $14.97 and the only "free" gift I have received is one PDF pattern that I could print at my expense. My mistake, I thought Fons & Porter were reputable. I finally received my first issue last week, no free gifts and I am getting no where calling or emailing them. Live and learn? I have learned to not even look at their notions display at JoAnn's.

I subscribed and waited for the free gifts, they never showed. I called and was told it was "in process" and I should recieve in 2-3 weeks. About 6 weeks passed and still nothing, so I called again, was told there was an overwhelming response to the free gift offer and I should be recieving shortly. About 2/3 weeks passed and I got my so called free gifts.......a couple of little leaflets with quilt related info in them.

I have noticed that when you subscribe to a magazine, you don't necessarily get it before the newstands and you don't get any free cds or extras that are sometimes in the ones at the store. The newest Love of Quilting for example, was in my store earlier in the week with a free cd...I didn't get it in the mail till yesterday and no cd :(

robin