Old 06-12-2011, 11:12 AM
jrhboxers

Originally Posted by sculpyfan
Different cat problem
I have 2 siblings,that have been good about sharing the litterbox although one is male. Lately the female has escalated from peeing in the front hall, on my husband's
jeans in the floor in the bathroom,to now pooping in the hall and peeing in my shoe in the bathroom. There hasn't been any thing that I can think of to make her mad,jealous or afraid. They are basically indoor cats but have their cat box in the sun room with a doggy door to the outside. They don't venture out much unless we are out and never leave the yard. We tried confining them to the sun room 2 nights but my husband says he can't stand to see them upset. Any thoughts?
I don't think her issue is that she is upset or anything. I this she is just tired of him being 'dirty'. I have had this happen sssoooooooo many times. When my male was a baby and brought into the house (with a 3yo 'Morris"-type female and an 15yo blind/deaf Siamese female) he did not cover his litter box 'deposits'. Tigger would spend HOURS digging and digging and digging to try and make the litter box cleaner. She finally just had it and started going on the mat/rug in front of the box. Kris ((the 15yo) already had her own litter box in our bedroom closet because that was were she generally spent all of her time. So we added a second litter box in the laundry room. Tigger claimed on and Boomer HAD to use the second. Tig would not allow him to even look at HER box. This was after he had been in the house about a year. She had put up with it as long as she could and then she let us know that she was done.

I think she has matured to the point that her brother is just too messy and dirty. I would give her a box of her own - perferably a small distance from the other one - and she will probably be a very happy little girl again. If this doesn't complete change her habits, then try a different litter for her. This may also help with him using her new box. Most males do not like to have their litter changed. Ask me how I found that out? Hope this helps.