Old 06-12-2011, 05:33 PM
sandpat
Power Poster

I started this one about a year ago or maybe longer. A lot of the little HST came in a big box from ebay, I liked the color, so thought, I'll just do something with these for fun, then practice quilting on it. After laying out the center, I thought...hmmm...I'd like a ring of color. I didn't want piping per se, too narrow, so decided to make my own cording. After adding it, I didn't like it, so the quilt sat...and sat....The other day, I got it back out and thought, well...maybe not so bad. I'll finish it. I decided to play with the quilting. I started by drawing a design on tracing paper and sewed through that for exactly 1 block...UGH!! What a nightmare to tear off this particular pattern! The next one, I marked with a blue pen. Of course, I ran out of "ink"..didn't have anymore at home, so ended up just barely marking the spines and just winging the feathers. I had fun though and will do it again! I did it on my DSM..a Bernina 200E. It like the old fashioned feel to it..kinda shabby chic.

The whole quilt 72 x 72
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210643[/ATTACH]

I think it wants to be a "porch" quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210644[/ATTACH]

quilting detail
[ATTACH=CONFIG]210645[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-210637.jpe   attachment-210638.jpe   attachment-210639.jpe