View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 06:29 PM
QuiltyLisa

Like Loretta,

I had my kids who are 17 and 20 start doing alot more around the house. I was working 50 plus hour weeks and then coming home scrambling to get dinner on the table and all the other house chores.And I was only getting 4-5 hours od sleep a night! I finally snapped one day when I realized I had not quilted for months because I was doing everything. I am a neat freak so that didn't help.
I sat down and talked with DH and kids and they all chipped in and we made a chore and cooking list and I learned to make a grocery list give my DD the money and her and her brother did the grocery shopping. I was a bit nervous but they did great. (We get our meats at a local meat market and that shopping I do myelf) now we have had some interesting meals but no complaint from me since I did not have to cook..So I got to where I could get a few hours a week sewing in. Now I am laid off (have been for 2 months) and I still have to fit sewing time in because I figured since I was home I "had" to do everything...lol
Got everybody back to the schedule we had when I was working and everybody is happy again.
it took me almost 20 years to realize I CANNOT do it all. And I really don't want to do it all!