View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 07:59 PM
omak

Originally Posted by butterflywing
hello omak,

from what i've read here on this thread, yes, the bubble jet works way better than the sheets that are ready to be printed on. i know what you mean about that second liquid: it's a rinse that bonds the ink to the fabric that final time.

someone here asked if she could use those pretreated ready-to-go sheets along with the bubble jet because she was dissatisfied with the pretreated sheets, and i said i don't think so, because the chemicals may not be compatible. i would not risk it. you would lose the bubble jet and the fabric and the rinse and the time.
okay, that is a different picture, isn't it? The pre-treated sheets are so expensive, three sheets for $12 is way out of my league. The pre-treated sheets are adhered to a backing that is similar to freezer paper to enable it to go through the printer ... and, I would assume they are already treated with the bubble jet ... pays to read the small print, eh? The rinse doesn't improve a light printing .. it cannot put more ink on to the fabric .. it can only set what is there to be set.