Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 PM
quiltingcandy

For me, the fascination is the fact something so old that is still working in itself is a marvel. But mostly, my treadle is one that belonged to my great aunt and using it is just plain fun. The rest of the family thought I was crazy until I made my sister try it, then she had fun and even felt she was getting exercise at the same time. My other machine is the one I learned to sew on, and it still works as well as it did in 1950. Had a great laugh when I used the zig zag attachment and it was throwing the fabric back and forth. (Something I had forgotten.)

I have featherweights because they are so darn cute!!! And they sew well too, and I have 3 because I didn't know show to stop the bid once I won the first one. Oh well. So maybe I will have one painted, but not right now. May sell the extras too. Not sure what I want to do.

But the older machines work so well and the newer machines seem to crash from time to time. I do have the Janome 6600 and love it!!! So I use the other machines for other things.