Thread: Why is it..
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 06:56 AM
alaskasunshine

In 1998 we were in Shipshewana Indiana and my husband took me quilt shopping to buy me an Amish quilt! Much to our shagrin as we drove out of the touristy area we hit the country roads, where I wanted to go to see the real Amish and to our dismay we saw the darling horse-n- buggy parked next to their Caddy'd. I am not kidding! House after house that was the case. I was so crushed.

We did drive a found several places selling their handy crafts. My husband bought me a very pretty quilt there. It is machine pieced and hand quilted. Not at all solid fabrics. This is floral. It is a log cabin. I don't remember what he paid but I love that we shared this memory together. He knows I was totally facinated by their ways of life, and was there to see my disappointment.

I have by choice never sold a quilt. I choose to give them out of love. Only a fellow quilter knows what goes into our works of love. I did hwever have a business of Stained Glass years ago and did very well. Somehow giving is different. In my heart at least.

Our quilts are just as precious as the next persons, no noubt in my mind or heart.