View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 06:32 AM
dmyers

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
Originally Posted by Opal Jane
Glad you enjoyed yourself in DC. I live about 40 minutes from DC (and have my entire life) but rarely go. I haven't been there in probably 25-30 years. Need to make the trip..
When it's local it's not that interesting. I know when we first moved here we jumped on the metro and visited DC just about everyother week because there was so much to do.

Now after 15 years, when people come to visit and want to visit the capital, I pull out the front pages on the phone book that has the map, metro stops and things to do and tell them where to go and drop them off at the metro. "Give me a call when you're done, I'll pick you up" I'll go with them once to help them get used to the metro.
My Gma lives in DC and she does the same. She didn't trust us to use our car, she's old school. Raised in Springfield, Va and totally dreaded going when I was younger, but now that I'm older and have a son I couldn't wait to share the experience my parents did for me. We had a wonderful trip and it rained on us for most of our 7 days there and we saw it all, except for the tour of the White House. But now I know to prepare 6 months early.